The People's Law School is a non-profit charitable society incorporated in 1972. Our vision is - to deliver public legal education and information to persons in British Columbia for the purpose of increasing awareness and understanding of one's legal rights and responsibilities.
The People's Law School -
• publishes plain language content on legal topics
• offers public legal information in multiple media formats such as:video, print, radio and TV
• translates resources into other languages
• offers an onsite reading and resource room
• makes referrals to service agencies or legal service providers
• provides seminars on legal topics such as: employment, criminal and consumer law
Public legal information will be of interest to youth, adults, seniors, newcomers and immigrants.
Explore our website to find out more about public legal education and information available for persons in British Columbia. You can also learn more about PLS by reading the PLS in Brief.
If you can't find what you are looking for here, contact us and we'll see what we can do to help you.
The People's Law School DOES NOT provide legal advice we offer public legal education and information. If you need legal advice you should contact a professional.